投稿時間:2022-08-02 01:27:49 RSSフィード2022-08-02 01:00 分まとめ(34件)

カテゴリー等 サイト名等 記事タイトル・トレンドワード等 リンクURL 頻出ワード・要約等/検索ボリューム 登録日
AWS AWS Government, Education, and Nonprofits Blog How three AWS IMAGINE Grant winners are transforming the future of games, music, and health with AWS https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/publicsector/how-three-aws-imagine-grant-winners-transform-future-games-music-health-aws/ How three AWS IMAGINE Grant winners are transforming the future of games music and health with AWSDive into conversations on the AWS Fix This podcast to learn how three AWS IMAGINE Grant winners are using the cloud to make impactful contributions to the planet through building community connections preserving history and saving lives 2022-08-01 15:11:08
python Pythonタグが付けられた新着投稿 - Qiita 【競技プログラミング】0-1ナップサック問題をやってみた【組合せ最適化】 https://qiita.com/kindamu24005/items/ba116a84ee5b373c4198 競技プログラミング 2022-08-02 00:42:09
python Pythonタグが付けられた新着投稿 - Qiita 【競技プログラミング】ナップサック問題をやってみた【組合せ最適化】 https://qiita.com/kindamu24005/items/3be5a55ce3c6c5275f4d 競技プログラミング 2022-08-02 00:41:53
Ruby Rubyタグが付けられた新着投稿 - Qiita 【Ruby on Rails】ActionTextとMathJax 3.2で数式を表示できる簡易エディターを実装する https://qiita.com/ma__sa/items/a48cdaac7f6303acad86 actiontextmathjax 2022-08-02 00:04:12
Ruby Railsタグが付けられた新着投稿 - Qiita 【Ruby on Rails】ActionTextとMathJax 3.2で数式を表示できる簡易エディターを実装する https://qiita.com/ma__sa/items/a48cdaac7f6303acad86 actiontextmathjax 2022-08-02 00:04:12
海外TECH Ars Technica BMW readies a cheaper electric i4 sedan, due in early 2023 https://arstechnica.com/?p=1870633 battery 2022-08-01 15:13:02
海外TECH MakeUseOf Geekom's IT8 Mini PC Is a Palm-Sized, Portable, Powerhouse 'Puter https://www.makeuseof.com/geekom-mini-pc-it8-review/ Geekom x s IT Mini PC Is a Palm Sized Portable Powerhouse x PuterIf you re on the hunt for a mini PC that won t break the bank then look no further than Geekom s Intel i loaded Mini IT 2022-08-01 15:05:14
海外TECH DEV Community Getting Started with Fedora Silverblue https://dev.to/qainsights/getting-started-with-fedora-silverblue-4mbd Getting Started with Fedora SilverblueI have been using Ubuntu for many years to learn more Linux utilities containers Kubernetes and to keep up to date with the latest trends in the Linux world Windows OS was easily accessible during my school and college days macOS was rare to find in my hometown due to the expensive price tag and I still remember Linux was distributed along with the magazines something similar to below in India After using Ubuntu extensively in WSL and on my year old Dell laptop I recently upgraded to Lenovo I wanted to try something refreshing in the Linux world so after trying various distros I found Fedora Workstation and Fedora Silverblue fulfill my requirements Linux CD ROMLinux CD ROMCredit Backstory and my Upgraded GearAfter saving money from past many months and carefully watching for the deals finally I was able to afford to upgrade my laptop I was using Dell Inspiron Intel i sixth generation which I got from Dell back in It had a good run but the battery died after five years I was running in always ON power mode Most of the time I don t carry my laptop due to pandemic otherwise I used to go to the nearest Starbucks or the library on the weekends to learn A couple of months ago I stumbled upon this excellent deal from Costco where you can grab a Lenovo Legion Slim Gaming laptop for including tax and shipping I am not a hardcore gamer but I play it only on my Xbox I was looking for more RAM instead of more cores It is one of the best investments I made in recent years AMD is really fast first time I have tried AMD chip The only issue I found was the keyboard lighting settings will be reset with every restart I use an external keyboard so I really don t mind But the laptop keyboard is excellent Enough of my bragging let us get back to Fedora Lenovo LEGION Slim Gaming Laptop AMD Ryzen HX Cores ThreadsGeForce RTX Max QHZ pWindows Shadow BlackGB RAM TB SSDFedora EcosystemAs you are already aware Fedora is the upstream to Red Hat Enterprise Linux In the Fedora ecosystem you get six different flavors of Linux Workstation for personal computerServer for serversCoreOS for cloud computingSilverblue GNOME based immutable desktop specialized for developers who work on container based workflowsKinoite KDE Plasma based immutable desktopIoT for IoT devicesCoreOS and Silverblue are emerging in the Fedora ecosystem It may replace other flavors in the future Immutable OSThe difference between CoreOS and Silverblue is the former is minimal automatic updating and best for containerized workflows with no GUI the latter is GNOME based immutable desktop and best for containerized workflows Immutable desktop helps in keeping the OS more stable and fewer bugs prone due to the atomic nature What is atomic During OS upgrades possibly two things can happen One is a successful upgrade with no errors Second the upgrade may fail In case of failure the OS will revert to the previous state How Fedora CoreOS or Silverblue achieves immutability Enter rpm ostree rpm ostreerpm ostree is a hybrid package system Think of it like a git for OS rpm ostree is integrated with CoreOS IOT and Silverblue Use rpm ostree only when you want to create layered packages To install the apps use Flatpak see below To learn about rpm ostree let us spin up Fedora Silverblue in VMWare Workstation Download the ISO from here Upon launching the terminal in Silverblue you will get the below message Welcome message in Terminal in Fedora SilverblueBasically you do not get dnf or yum installed in Fedora Silverblue but we do have rpm ostree to install the apps rpm ostree in Fedora SilverblueThe RPMs are coming from the etc yum repos d folder as shown below rpm ostree reposLet us focus on installing upgrading rebasing and rollback on the host system In the next blog we can see about the toolbox for the containerized workflow Below are the commands which help in administering the host system rpm ostree status vrpm ostree upgraderpm ostree rollbackrpm ostree deploy lt version gt rpm ostree install lt pkg gt rpm ostree uninstall lt pkg gt rpm ostree rebase b branchnameThe inception command is status status command shows the deployments in the order The circle prefix as shown below shows that the current booted deployment rpm ostree statusNow let us upgrade the image to the latest using rpm ostree upgrade command and then reboot using the systemctl reboot command After upgrading and rebooting let us issue the status command You can see that there is a new current deployment New DeploymentLayered PackagesWhenever you make changes it will get versioned and layered Let us install a couple of packages using rpm ostree and reboot again Issue the below command to install git nginx and konsole rpm ostree install git nginx konsoleAfter rebooting launch terminal and verify the versions of git nginx and konsole as shown below Check versionLet us issue the status command again rpm ostree status after layeringLet us install caddy and uninstall nginx using the below commands rpm ostree install caddyrpm ostree uninstall nginxsystemctl rebootHere is the status output Updated statusNow let us roll back with git konsole and nginx using the below command and reboot rpm ostree rollback rnginx is back again nginx is backHere is the verbose output of rpm ostree status v verbose statusWhen to use package layering As I mentioned earlier you should avoid using rpm ostree to install the apps Use rpm ostree to install drivers libvirt etc Installing Apps using FlatpakNow let us install apps using Flatpak Flatpak is the easy way to install apps to your Silverblue host using its GUI Download and install Flathub repo file Once the installation is done navigate to Flathub to search and install your desired apps Use Flathub to install the GUI based apps like LibreWolf gedit and moreLibrewolf in FlathubToolboxToolbox is the recommended way to install CLI apps container apps development tools and more We will deep dive into Toolbox in the next blog Closing ThoughtsImmutable OS is the future as it provides stability reliability and security Dedicated ecosystem for container based workflows boosts developer productivity The GNOME environment helps to easily get started for general users Fedora Silverblue has a long way to go But the immutable desktops will not be a fad 2022-08-01 15:32:03
海外TECH DEV Community ✨Inspire me Monday✨ - From Economics to Product Manager (with a stop in Data Science) https://dev.to/monicafidalgo/inspire-me-monday-from-economics-to-product-manager-with-a-stop-in-data-science-3a7l Inspire me Monday From Economics to Product Manager with a stop in Data Science Inspire me Monday introHow wonderful it is when we aspire to make a change in our lives and careers and we find someone who shares an amazing story on how they did achieve their goals and somehow parts of their path remind us of where we are now Everything looks easier when we think if this person was able to do it I also can do it With this in mind I decided to start interviewing people who did a career change from different backgrounds to different roles This will take place every first Monday of the month and it s open for topic ideas or people s recommendations so feel free to do it Our Guest today Rita PereiraRita is super easy going and fun to have around She loves to travel the world and to know different cultures She is always up for a beerand relaxing with nice music in the background Rita works as a Product Manager at Tiber and she is also a mentor and teacher at a project that teaches women how to code for free GitHubLinkedIn‍ You have a bachelor s in Economics how did you get interested in Data Science Maths has always been my favorite subject by far The options once in high school didn t seem that much at the time in a regular public school in the south of Portugal Economics and management seemed like a good and appropriate root Nova SBE being a really good university Lisbon the perfect city I did enjoy the bachelor s since it had a lot of calculus algebra and statistics e g statistics and econometrics which are the best base for data science The other subjects were also interesting for example macroeconomics It was not only until I studied in Rotterdam finding myself hating my masters Finance and Investments that I found a tech society in my university I then helped organize a Machine Learning Bootcamp and got to have contact with python and machine learning subjects After my master s I worked in one of the few sectors in finance that actually find interesting hedge funds and VCs After a while I started a part time Bootcamp in data analytics in February I felt the need to learn python in more dept machine learning and get the typical tech stack of a data analyst python sql tableau By developing my technical skills I would become a more complete analystIn the meanwhile after almost years at the hedge fund I fully merged into running the analytics team using python for report automation managing our databases and using APIs eg Bloomberg to get important data for investment analysis among other projects and tasks What Data Science course did you take and what did you consider when choosing Even though I did some data engineering in the fund my main area is data analytics Choosing this is very natural as it joins the technical skills with the business intuition one needs to have in order to transform raw and non organized data e g non labeled JSON files into actual meaningful findings and conclusionsChoosing data analytics and being a data analyst inside the data science world I took into consideration my skills not super technical as a data engineer but also not so business focused as a business analyst or a consultant only and what I like doing I enjoy a technical challenge where I can see real life impact and context Having this in mind I searched for a bootcamp with a part time option and where I was perhaps able to get a scholarship I then found Ironahack and proposed for a scholarship When I got the confirmation that I was accepted the price quality seemed like a very good investment Major challenges that you faced while studying Was it easy to follow or was there a time that you felt less motivated Studying in general Yes the core subjects in the finance masters In Data science I was never really good with Tableau and producing really really good and amazing dashboards I am more of a resolve a problem debug a script that is not working or solve road blockers kind of person than working on the same dashboard to perfection This is however something important for a good business intelligence analyst Do you have any tools websites that help you when you are studying that you want to recommend I love medium people in the area share really good projects and opinions From data science to product management UX tech etc Code wise I can not recommend data camp enough It helps me start with python at the time I also recommend taking courses or reading into statistics and econometrics if you re thinking of diving into the data science world I see a lot of analysts that are very good at compiling SQL queries or producing dashboards but don t really understand the logic behind them or don t interpret the results with statistical accuracy e g ab testing After finishing the course how was the job hunting process Did you find a role in Data Science If not why not I did the course while I was working at the fund After that I did try to find jobs in data science Once deciding where to go I had the following positions growth analyst data scientist and even analytics engineer which would be a more junior position I did go for growth analyst not for the position in itself but for the company mission size and country and the people I would be working with I knew I would have the flexibility to move around into the position that would be more fit for me that could be either more technical or less I don t regret this decision for a second During these months of job hunting there were many take home assignments python scripts to analyze data sets presentations and reports etc It is definitely something one gets better with time so please don t feel frustrated if you don t go through your first assessment and always ask for the most detailed feedback possible Something that is very important for a data analyst I also knew what kind of data I wanted to work with After working with financial data for so long I knew I was way more interested in user and behavior data where I can connect the data points I see with actual behavior Super interesting right p Therefore I looked for positions where I would work more with growth and product teams A year ago you joined a volunteer community whose goal is to bring more women into the tech world How did it happen and what were your intentions when joining Lucky me I found this amazing community with such inspirational people and workshops I was in Cape Verde volunteering last year There I had some friends and older girls at the community center who I was trying to incentivize about learning more about coding and tech “As Raparigas do código came a bit randomly on my LinkedIn but I remember connecting so much to it it opens doors with easy and free access to women of all ages that might feel a bit insecure about giving a “huge step They may just want to test the waters and talk to someone they really relate to and feel comfortable that works in an area that interests them That is just one of the reasons why this community is really important We not only organize networking events for women to meet women but also important but we actually put a lot of work into real and free workshops coding basis data science and important soft skills among other ad hoc You now work as a Product Manager can you walk me through that change Yes After getting the position as growth analyst it took no longer than months for both me my manager and the team to realize that leading the squad and being a PM was the most natural position I still work a lot with data when it comes to AB testing user tracking analytics and growth metrics I am now also learning a lot more about web and app development and tech in general Might actually learn JS soon just to help my developers with their PRs ahahah Nevertheless there are other skills and parts of my job that I now realised were not being used as a data analyst I love building a whole project from scratch from a problem a user pinpoint an idea or an insight from a test Going through the ideation process the design UI and UX the implementation the copy the testing improvement talking and convincing other teams aka stakeholder management aka lobbying Finally above everything else I love helping my team and pushing them into being happy at work and the best versions of themselves How does your background impact your current job Background in economics and data science definitely helps me get data and take database conclusions very fast and with accuracy The fact that I am extroverted and naturally very social is also a huge help when it comes to influencing and helping the team and other stakeholders as well as being the face of the team in saying no announcing releases failures etc Being pragmatic definitely helps in shipping features faster learning from them and then improving versus being a perfectionist which I am not at all I would even say that having played basketball since a young age has made me into an absolute team player I am much more competitive in a group than individually playing an instrument being really into music has helped with focus more efficient at work in less time and being able to multitask while focusing You now work at Tibber can you tell me a little more about the company itself Tibber is a “digital electricity supplier that uses AI to switch around power for houses based on their predicted levels of consumption Tibber replaces traditional utilities with smart technology supplying its customers with renewable energy at transparent prices In addition its app provides real time analytics into energy usage and pairs with a variety of smart home devices to reduce electricity consumption at home Tibber has set a target to reduce the residential electricity consumption for European households by Currently operating in Norway Sweden Germany and the Netherlands Do you have any advice to give other people that want to start a role in tech The advice I can give is more appropriate to start up and scale up companies Find a sector or company that you identify with or want to work with people from there The position you can figure out later you ll learn so much and even figure out other stuff you like e g web devs turned into designers engineers turned PM If you are good and show that you work hard you ll have the leverage to move into the position that fits you better later on Final remarks that you want to share with us Just that work just like life is super fluid and nothing that we choose or start needs to be final and with no turnaround We are all learning testing figuring out If tech and coding seems interesting but also super scary and a male dominated world which in big part is take smaller steps Find a community people that you identify with go to talks that relate to subjects that you are interested on read about it listen to podcasts get on LinkedIn and talk with people try fail and go back again BUT PLEASE PLEASE FEEL LIKE YOU CAN TRY AND FAIL lt 2022-08-01 15:20:00
海外TECH DEV Community Top 5 CSS Animation Libraries🚀 https://dev.to/iarchitsharma/top-5-css-animation-libraries-4i4g Top CSS Animation LibrariesIf you want to include animation in your designs animation libraries are an excellent place to start An animation library is a third party open source online resource of pre made animation files In this post I ll introduce five of the greatest free animation libraries that I ve chosen to help you create amazing animations in only a few clicks So here are Top CSS Animation Libraries Animate cssHome Page LinkAnimate css is a cross browser library of CSS animations As easy to use as an easy thing Great for emphasis home pages sliders and attention guiding hints InfiniteHome Page LinkInfinite is a small set of useful infinite CSS animations that you can drop into your project Micron jsHome Page Link Micron JS is a micro interaction library which can be used to add Interactions to different DOM Elements Micron JS animates an element using CSS power and the interactive behaviours are controlled by JavaScript Micron JS is easy to adapt and can bring interactions to life using HTML data attributes or a chain of JavaScript methods AnimistaHome Page Link Animista is a place where you can play with a collection of pre made CSS animations tweak them and get only those you will actually use Motion UIHome Page Link Motion UI is one of the most powerful Sass library for creating CSS transitions and animations Wind upUI animation has grown in importance in the design development and delivery of enjoyable product experiences UI animations elicit a natural feeling of involvement transforming static layouts into lively interfaces and assisting users in focusing their attention on essential visual aspects What s next Top Ways to Center a DIV with CSS websites to take your front end skills to the next levelTop VS Code Editing Tricks 2022-08-01 15:12:19
海外TECH DEV Community I feel trapped in my current position, please give me some advice https://dev.to/sloan/i-feel-trapped-in-my-current-position-please-give-me-some-advice-3cm2 I feel trapped in my current position please give me some adviceThis is an anonymous post sent in by a member who does not want their name disclosed Please be thoughtful with your responses as these are usually tough posts to write Email sloan dev to if you d like to leave an anonymous comment or if you want to ask your own anonymous question I ve been working at the same company for almost years I did my internship at the current company I work at and stayed there until now It s a friend s company in which I ve been an important part I ve helped it go forwards in bad times and have benefited in the good times I feel like I owe them something and feel really trapped The company is fairly small and I m the front end lead and know how everything works in the company I m almost a partner so I feel I have the responsibility to stay Even when going on holiday they get stuck and can t move forwards as there s no other person that can do my job The thing is that I feel a big pressure and I feel trapped because the company has done a lot of stuff for me and has treated me very well The thing is I don t necessarily want to leave the company but I would like to feel like I could and that I would not be letting them down or whatever I ve been wanting to do leave of absence for a while but I fear leaving as I feel I m letting them down or something it s really bizarre and I don t fully understand why I feel this way I almost feel like I am in a cult or something and owe them everything Maybe you can shine a light and help me get my thoughts together Thanks in advance 2022-08-01 15:12:19
海外TECH DEV Community Peeking into LINQ DistinctBy source code https://dev.to/canro91/peeking-into-linq-distinctby-source-code-48a2 Peeking into LINQ DistinctBy source codeI originally published this post on my blog a couple of weeks ago It s part of a post series about LINQ You should be ready willing and able to read the source code of your dependencies That s a piece of advice I found and shared in a past edition of my Monday Links Inspired by that advice I decided to look into the LINQ DistinctBy source code Let s see what s inside the new LINQ DistinctyBy method What LINQ DistinctBy method does DistinctBy returns the objects containing unique values based on one of their properties It works on collections of complex objects not just on plain values DistinctBy is one of the new LINQ methods introduced in NET The next code sample shows how to find unique movies by release year var movies new List lt Movie gt new Movie Schindler s List f new Movie The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King f new Movie Pulp Fiction f new Movie Forrest Gump f new Movie Inception f Here we use the DistinctBy method with the ReleaseYear propertyvar distinctByReleaseYear movies DistinctBy movie gt movie ReleaseYear foreach var movie in distinctByReleaseYear Console WriteLine movie Name movie ReleaseYear Output Schindler s List The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King Pulp Fiction Inception record Movie string Name int ReleaseYear float Score Notice we used DistinctBy on a list of movies We didn t use it on a list of released years to then find one movie for each unique release year found Wow He was curious to peek into the source code of that pie Photo by Bing Han on Unsplash LINQ DistinctBy source codeThis is the source code for the DistinctBy method Source public static IEnumerable lt TSource gt DistinctBy lt TSource TKey gt this IEnumerable lt TSource gt source Func lt TSource TKey gt keySelector IEqualityComparer lt TKey gt comparer if source is null ThrowHelper ThrowArgumentNullException ExceptionArgument source if keySelector is null ThrowHelper ThrowArgumentNullException ExceptionArgument keySelector Step return DistinctByIterator source keySelector comparer private static IEnumerable lt TSource gt DistinctByIterator lt TSource TKey gt IEnumerable lt TSource gt source Func lt TSource TKey gt keySelector IEqualityComparer lt TKey gt comparer Step using IEnumerator lt TSource gt enumerator source GetEnumerator Step if enumerator MoveNext Step var set new HashSet lt TKey gt DefaultInternalSetCapacity comparer do Step TSource element enumerator Current if set Add keySelector element yield return element Step while enumerator MoveNext Well it doesn t look that complicated Let s go through it Iterating over the input collectionFirst DistinctBy starts by checking its parameters and calling DistinctByIterator This is a common pattern in other LINQ methods Check parameters in one method and then call a child iterator method to do the actual logic See Step in the above code sample Then the DistinctByIterator initializes the underling enumerator of the input collection with a using declaration The IEnumerable type has a GetEnumerator method See Step The IEnumerator type has a MoveNext method to advance the enumerator to the next position and a Current property to hold the element at the current position If a collection is empty or if the iterator reaches the end of the collection MoveNext returns false And when MoveNext returns true Current gets updated with the element at that position Source Then to start reading the input collection the iterator is placed at the initial position of the collection calling MoveNext See Step This first if avoids allocating memory by creating a set in the next step if the collection is empty Finding unique elementsAfter that DistinctByIterator creates a set with a default capacity and an optional comparer This set keeps track of the unique keys already found See Step The next step is to read the current element and add its key to the set See If a set doesn t already contain the same element Add returns true and adds it to the set Otherwise it returns false And when the set exceeds its capacity the set gets resized Source If the current element s key was added to the set the element is returned with the yield return keywords This way DistinctByIterator returns one element at a time Step is wrapped inside a do while loop It runs until the enumerator reaches the end of the collection See Step Voilà That s the DistinctBy source code Simple but effective Not that intimidating after all The trick was to use a set It s a good exercise to read the source code of standard libraries to pick conventions and patterns To learn about LINQ and other methods check my quick guide to LINQ on my blog All you need to know to start working with LINQ in minutes or less Hey I m Cesar a software engineer and lifelong learner If you want to support my work check my Getting Started with LINQ course on Educative where I cover these and other LINQ methods in depth Happy coding 2022-08-01 15:06:31
海外TECH DEV Community On cosmetics vs. intrinsics in programming https://dev.to/nfrankel/on-cosmetics-vs-intrinsics-in-programming-5bp6 On cosmetics vs intrinsics in programmingA ruthless battle occurs every day on the World Wide Web Its goal is to decide which programming flavor is the best OOP or FP I assume that imperative and procedural programming are not part of the contenders Arguments range from the factual to the irrelevant to the utterly stupid A couple of years ago I wanted to listen to a video of Martin Odersky of Scala fame I remember neither the exact talk nor the subject What I remember is the introduction though he explained that FP was more popular than OOP because there were many more conferences dedicated to the former than to the latter At the time I didn t think popularity was a relevant factor that helped me deliver projects At the time of this writing I still don t Moreover it s akin to saying that electricity isn t popular because there aren t any conferences dedicated to it I m afraid that M Odersky mistook popularity in academic research for relevancy I stopped after his argument and to this day I never watched a talk of his again This being said my point is not to bash M Odersky but to highlight the sheer vacuity of some arguments For example for FP aficionados its immutability is not one as OOP can also make good use of it The only difference is that immutability is a requirement in FP On the opposite side pushing OOP too far results in languages like Java where every method must belong to a class even static ones In this case classes are just an additional namespace for methods they bring no OOP value The scope goes well beyond OOP vs FP Consider the following snippets fun router repo PersonRepository router val handler Handler repo GET person handler getAll class Handler private val repo PersonRepository fun getAll r ServerRequest ok body repo findAll fun router repo PersonRepository router val handler Handler repo GET person id handler getOne class Handler private val repo PersonRepository fun getAll r ServerRequest ok bodyValue repo findAll Obviously the difference lies in the ok body vs ok bodyValue If you re unfamiliar with the Spring framework you re unlikely to correctly identify the left snippet as WebMVC fn and the right as Web Flux It can be even more confusing if repo findAll is updated from blocking to non blocking as you won t spot any difference You can only distinguish one from the other by looking at the package imports Blocking org springframework web servlet function Non blocking org springframework web reactive function server You can rewrite both above snippets using annotations instead of handlers RestControllerclass PersonController private val repo PersonRepository GetMapping fun getAll repo findAll RestControllerclass PersonController private val repo PersonRepository GetMapping fun getAll repo findAll Both snippets appear similar on the surface but for the imports Cosmetics are identical while intrinsics blocking vs non blocking are fundamentally different Let s have a look at Kotlin coroutines Here s a snippet taken from Kotlin s documentation measureTimeMillis val one somethingUsefulOne val two somethingUsefulTwo runBlocking println The answer is one await two await Function points to a suspending computationCoroutine code cosmetically appears imperative while being asynchronous It s the advantage of coroutines It looks imperative on the surface hence it s easy enough to understandBehind the scene the library runs the code asynchronouslyCode has cosmetic and intrinsic characteristics I hope the few examples above convinced you that they are entirely orthogonal You can achieve the same intrinsics with different cosmetics and vice versa We constantly argue about cosmetics e g annotations vs functional but it s essentially a matter of personal taste To solve problems we need to spend time on intrinsics a lot more actors asynchronous etc Originally published at A Java Geek on July st 2022-08-01 15:05:01
海外TECH DEV Community How to migrate a JavaScript project to pnpm (package manager) https://dev.to/robole/how-to-migrate-a-javascript-project-to-pnpm-package-manager-2hfa How to migrate a JavaScript project to pnpm package manager pnpm claims to be the performant node package manager hence the acronym It saves disk space by only ever saving a single copy of a version of a package and using hard links to reference the package in a project Also this enables it to resolve dependency trees much faster than its peers So should I migrate my existing projects Should I migrate my existing projects The performance is noticeable better than npm and if you use it consistently you will use less disk space Personally I have too many projects on my system to migrate them all If there is a smart way to automate the process I would consider doing it in a more wholesale manner I might selectively migrate some projects to reclaim some disk space in the meantime In terms of public projects should you force users to use pnpm I think you should let it up to users where possible There is some friction to doing this because you should include a lock file to make installation a more predictable process for a particular package manager You re not going to maintain multiple lock files The command line interfaces are quite similar so you won t get a major headache from switching You will have to learn the differences For example to add a package for pnpm is pnpm add lt package gt whereas for npm it is npm install lt package gt The other factor to consider is will pnpm be around in the long term That is hard to predict It is quite a popular project with k stars on GitHub It has some sponsorship I think the future of npm and yarn are more assured because they are well funded This is a common quandry in JavaScript land really I recall a package manager called tink that was moth balled What is the difference between npm and yarn and pnpm All of them are package managers but they vary in their approaches and feature sets Although the features seem to be converging over time npm was developed in the early days of Node js and is the default package manager of Node js npm was designed around the idea of Semantic Versioning semver The dependencies of a project are stored in package json npm installs dependencies in a non deterministic way meaning that two developers could have a different node modules directory resulting into different behaviors To resolve those problems and others Facebook introduced a new package manager in called Yarn Yarn was touted as being faster more secure and more reliable than npm Yarn consumed the same package json making it more straightforward to migrate The differences between npm and Yarn were You always know you re getting the same thing on every development machine It paralellizes operations that npm does not and makes more efficient use of the network It may make more efficient use of other system resources such as RAM as well However npm narrowed the gap considerably Since version npm has done the following npm now generates a lockfile called package lock json that fixes your entire dependency tree much the same way the yarn or any other locking mechanism does save is now implied for npm i It has improved network and cache usage The performance of Yarn is still superior to npm but not by that much in many scenarios The main motivation behind pnpm was performance It uses a content addressable store to save disk space and to deliver quicker installation times Here are performance benchmarks from pnpm io Here are the feature sets of the package managers FeaturepnpmYarnnpmWorkspace support️️️Isolated node modules️ The default️Hoisted node modules️️️ The defaultAutoinstalling peers️ Via auto install peers true️Plug n Play️️ The defaultZero Installs️Patching dependencies️️Managing Node js versions️Has a lockfile️ pnpm lock yaml️ yarn lock️ package lock jsonOverrides support️️ Via resolutions️Content addressable storage️Dynamic package execution️ Via pnpm dlx️ Via yarn dlx️ Via npxSide effects cache️ Installation of pnpmYou can follow the installation instructions on the official website I used their installation script as below curl fsSL sh gt Extracting pnpm binaries Copying pnpm CLI from tmp tmp iofxhAyyNc pnpm to home rob local share pnpm pnpmNo changes to the environment were made Everything is already up to date When it was done I couldn t run pnpm as a command on the command line as expected There was an issue with the configuration for the Zsh shell I submitted an issue for this on GitHub I fixed this myself by moving the pnpm file to local bin mv home rob local share pnpm pnpm home rob local bin pnpm Migrate a projectImportant You need to keep in mind that pnpm doesn t use dependency hoisting by default When installing dependencies with npm or Yarn Classic all packages are hoisted to the root of the modules directory As a result source code has access to dependencies that are not added as direct dependencies to the project By default pnpm uses symlinks to add only the direct dependencies of the project into the root of the modules directory source pnpmThis means if the package json doesn t reference a dependency that your code has a require or import for then it will fail to resolve This is the biggest hurdle in the migration You can use the auto install peers setting to do this automatically disabled by default Run pnpm import This generates a pnpm lock yaml based on the npm yarn lockfile in the directory Supported lock files package lock jsonnpm shrinkwrap jsonyarn lockClean up the files Delete the node modules folder in your project Delete package lock json or yarn lock Run pnpm install alias is pnpm i to install the dependencies into a fresh node modules folder If it is a monorepo a workspace must have a pnpm workspace yaml file in its root You will need port the contents of the workspaces field from your package json packages apps packages Optional If you want to ensure that pnpm must be used with the project add the following script to package json scripts preinstall npx only allow pnpm Optional You can replace any mention of npm run with pnpm in the scripts section of the package json pnpm will figure it out if you don t so this can be skipped 2022-08-01 15:04:13
Apple AppleInsider - Frontpage News Rumor roundup: What to expect from the iPhone 14 Pro & iPhone 14 Pro Max https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/03/30/rumor-roundup-what-to-expect-from-the-iphone-14-pro-iphone-14-pro-max?utm_medium=rss Rumor roundup What to expect from the iPhone Pro amp iPhone Pro MaxThe iPhone Pro lineup may set itself apart with no notch the A processor and a MP camera Check out our renders using AR and learn more here The iPhone Pro lineup will have pill and hole cutouts in place of the notchRumors about the iPhone Pro have shifted from a radical redesign to a more iterative update However if rumors prove true Apple may be widening the gap between the standard and pro models with different designs and chipsets Read more 2022-08-01 15:04:41
Apple AppleInsider - Frontpage News SmartMi Air Purifier 2 & Eve Motion reviews, plus more on HomeKit Insider https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/08/01/smartmi-air-purifier-2-eve-motion-reviews-plus-more-on-homekit-insider?utm_medium=rss SmartMi Air Purifier amp Eve Motion reviews plus more on HomeKit InsiderIn this jam packed episode of HomeKit Insider we review both the all new SmartMi Air Purifier and the Eve Motion plus break down the top news stories for the week HomeKit InsiderThe news starts with the launch of the Sensibo AirQ controller This new model can control any IR remote supported AC unit while also measuring the air quality of your home ーsimilar to the recent Ecobee Premium that acts as a smart thermostat Read more 2022-08-01 15:06:47
海外TECH Engadget Sony is retiring the PlayStation 5's Accolades feature because people aren't nice https://www.engadget.com/sony-retiring-the-ps5-accolades-feature-155330103.html?src=rss Sony is retiring the PlayStation x s Accolades feature because people aren x t niceSony plans to remove a software feature many PlayStation users may not know even exists In fall the company will discontinue support for Accolades As the name suggests Accolades allow you to commend players you meet online for sportsmanship and good behavior Sony launched the feature alongside the PS but now plans to remove it as it s not widely used “The feature hasn t seen the level of usage we anticipated so we are refocusing our efforts the company says in a notice spotted by Eurogamer “We encourage the community to continue to send positive messages to one another It s not surprising to see Sony make the decision to do away with Accolades Many online games including Overwatch feature built in systems for rewarding welcoming and supportive players It also didn t help that you had to dig through the PS s Ribbon UI to find the menu for awarding commendations Sony 2022-08-01 15:53:30
海外TECH Engadget Chromecast with Google TV is on sale for $40 once again https://www.engadget.com/chromecast-with-google-tv-sale-good-deal-152647939.html?src=rss Chromecast with Google TV is on sale for once againWhile many modern TVs already have streaming services baked in you might still need or want a dedicated device for accessing the likes of Netflix and Amazon Prime Video The Chromecast with Google TV is a solid option and it s currently on sale once again at a record low price of That s less than it typically costs Buy Chromecast with Google TV at Amazon We gave the device a score of in our review after being impressed with the voice remote The dongle has Google Assistant support of course and along with telling a smart speaker what you want to watch you can simply bark instructions at the remote It s a cinch to navigate the Google TV interface with the remote which includes dedicated buttons for launching YouTube and Netflix In addition the dongle provides access to YouTube TV Hulu Disney Prime Video Apple TV and HBO Max among many other streaming services There s support for K HDR content as well as Dolby Vision and Atmos You can also use the device to play games through Google Stadia if you have a compatible controller Despite recent rumors to the contrary Google has said Stadia isn t going away On top of that you ll have the option to effectively use your TV as a smart display when you re not streaming something Chromecast with Google TV can show live feeds from some security cameras display weather forecasts and help you control smart home devices all with the aid of Google Assistant The Ambient Mode meanwhile can display your Google Photos when you re not actively watching playing or listening to anything Follow EngadgetDeals on Twitter and subscribe to the Engadget Deals newsletter for the latest tech deals and buying advice 2022-08-01 15:26:47
Cisco Cisco Blog Jeff Campbell to Serve as Cisco’s Chief Government Strategy Officer https://blogs.cisco.com/gov/jeff-campbell Jeff Campbell to Serve as Cisco s Chief Government Strategy OfficerToday I am excited to announce that Senior Vice President Jeff Campbell has been promoted to Chief Government Strategy Officer of Cisco Jeff succeeds Michael Timmeny who previously held the role and opened Cisco s Washington D C office in Michael will now serve as an Executive Advisor for Cisco As Chief Government Strategy Officer Jeff 2022-08-01 15:00:59
海外科学 NYT > Science This Pushy Plant Is the First Proved to Shove Its Neighbor https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/01/science/plant-shoving-pushing.html amounts 2022-08-01 15:34:10
海外科学 BBC News - Science & Environment Driest July in England since 1935 - Met Office https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62382703?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA impacts 2022-08-01 15:39:18
金融 ◇◇ 保険デイリーニュース ◇◇(損保担当者必携!) 保険デイリーニュース(08/02) http://www.yanaharu.com/ins/?p=4988 東京海上 2022-08-01 15:41:23
金融 RSS FILE - 日本証券業協会 J-IRISS https://www.jsda.or.jp/anshin/j-iriss/index.html iriss 2022-08-01 15:28:00
ニュース BBC News - Home Archie Battersbee: Judges reject allowing more time for UN to consider case https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-62376552?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA casethe 2022-08-01 15:42:04
ニュース BBC News - Home Ukraine war: First grain ship leaves under Russia deal https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62375580?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA crisis 2022-08-01 15:55:44
ニュース BBC News - Home David Trimble had 'considerable strength of character and integrity', mourners told https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-62371935?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA trimble 2022-08-01 15:39:16
ニュース BBC News - Home Driest July in England since 1935 - Met Office https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62382703?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA impacts 2022-08-01 15:39:18
ニュース BBC News - Home How much do women footballers get paid? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62378095?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA female 2022-08-01 15:32:46
ニュース BBC News - Home Record 17.4m peak TV audience see Euro 2022 final https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62375750?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA Record m peak TV audience see Euro finalEngland s Euro final win over Germany was watched by a peak television audience of million making it the most watched programme in the UK so far in 2022-08-01 15:52:23
ニュース BBC News - Home Sarina Wiegman: FA to hold talks over new contract for England manager https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62381663?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA contract 2022-08-01 15:11:34
ニュース BBC News - Home Commonwealth Games 2022: Rake-dancing! - Rakers entertain crowd during beach volleyball https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/commonwealth-games/62383487?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA volleyball 2022-08-01 15:30:06
ニュース BBC News - Home Commonwealth Games: England's Jake Jarman, Joe Fraser, Courtney Tulloch and Georgia-Mae Fenton all win golds https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/62379143?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA Commonwealth Games England x s Jake Jarman Joe Fraser Courtney Tulloch and Georgia Mae Fenton all win goldsEngland s Jake Jarman and Joe Fraser win floor and pommel gold respectively as England s stellar Commonwealth gymnastics campaign continues 2022-08-01 15:48:40
北海道 北海道新聞 ロは核の威嚇停止を 米英仏3カ国が声明 https://www.hokkaido-np.co.jp/article/712916/ 核拡散防止条約 2022-08-02 00:31:00
北海道 北海道新聞 維新代表選、馬場氏が出馬へ 足立氏も表明、27日に選出 https://www.hokkaido-np.co.jp/article/712795/ 大阪市長 2022-08-02 00:17:33

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

投稿時間:2021-06-17 05:05:34 RSSフィード2021-06-17 05:00 分まとめ(1274件)

投稿時間:2021-06-20 02:06:12 RSSフィード2021-06-20 02:00 分まとめ(3871件)

投稿時間:2020-12-01 09:41:49 RSSフィード2020-12-01 09:00 分まとめ(69件)