投稿時間:2022-06-01 04:25:11 RSSフィード2022-06-01 04:00 分まとめ(26件)

カテゴリー等 サイト名等 記事タイトル・トレンドワード等 リンクURL 頻出ワード・要約等/検索ボリューム 登録日
AWS AWS Compute Blog Making your Go workloads up to 20% faster with Go 1.18 and AWS Graviton https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/compute/making-your-go-workloads-up-to-20-faster-with-go-1-18-and-aws-graviton/ Making your Go workloads up to faster with Go and AWS GravitonThis blog post was written by Syl Taylor Professional Services Consultant In March the highly anticipated Go was released Go brings to the language some long awaited features and additions such as generics It also brings significant performance improvements for Arm s bit architecture used in AWS Graviton server processors In this post we … 2022-05-31 18:06:40
AWS AWS Mobile Blog Useful AWS AppSync GraphQL Utility Helpers you might not know about https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/mobile/appsync-vtl-utils/ Useful AWS AppSync GraphQL Utility Helpers you might not know aboutAWS AppSync is a managed serverless GraphQL service that simplifies application development by letting you create a flexible API to securely access manipulate and combine data from one or more data sources with a single network call With GraphQL special functions called Resolvers are used to implement business logic linking or “resolving types fields or … 2022-05-31 18:21:54
技術ブログ Developers.IO Cloud Asset Inventory で一般公開されたリソースを自動検出してみた。 https://dev.classmethod.jp/articles/cloud-asset-inventory-search-public-access-resources/ bigquery 2022-05-31 18:06:55
海外TECH DEV Community Imagine Dat Podcast: Episode 1 https://dev.to/imagine_dat_dyt/imagine-dat-podcast-episode-1-241b Imagine Dat Podcast Episode Bottles of OOP Chapters and ChatOur current season is being run book club style very chatty like you re looking into a conversation The book we re reading is Bottles of OOP Javascript style by Sandy Metz Katrina Owen and TJ Stankus You can grab your very own copy on Sandi Metz s Web site Follow Ren and Milu as they discuss Chapters one and two around the Shameless Green solution mentioned in the book A reference can be found here shameless green Transcript Ren Estep Hi and welcome to the Imagine Dat podcast where we explore software development concepts I m Ren Estep a software engineer who likes coding drawing and running like a snail Milu Franz I am Milu Franz also a software engineer who enjoys learning something new every single day Ren Estep Our current season will take the format of a book club where we will be reading Bottles of OOP by Sandy Metz Katrina Owen and T J Sturgess This book follows the bottles problem where you build and transform your solution as you go with clean code and best practices in mind There is a link in the show notes as to where you can buy the book Milu Franz Today we will be discussing Chapters one and two Chapter one covers four possible solutions to the bottles problem The incomprehensibly complex solution The second one which is that a speculatively general solution Also the concrete abstraction And finally the shameless green solution which is what we will be mainly focusing on Chapter two covers test driven development behind the shameless green solution Ren Estep All right So before hopping into the chapters let s talk about the writing style of this book From reading how easy or hard do you think it is to understand the topics presented Milu Franz I thought they were really straightforward It was really easy to understand the casual and crisp way the chapters were written I personally really enjoyed the examples and analogies that the authors use through the first two chapters Ren Estep You know I think I think so too I think the language that they use is very conversational which made things a little bit easier and more comfortable to get into Also like the way they explained it was much more in tune to someone who is new to learning the subject While you could still learn being a senior developer also It s just super understandable Milu Franz Yeah I think it s the way they they kind of like broke every explanation in small parts kind of like why do we take this position and hear all the reasons So yeah I agree completely agree I feel like anybody could really understand and read this with ease Ren Estep So with that let s go ahead and jump into chapter one which is titled Rediscovering Simplicity Milu Franz So to help learn why I m reading this book you re supposed to come up with your solution to the bottles problem And then start reading Right Once you have read the chapter how did you feel about your solution Ren Estep Well Milu after reading the chapter I felt like I immediately needed to refactor my solution Like total face palm First I forgot that there was a helper function and essentially that would have probably made writing my solution go a little bit faster because I essentially just wrote the same thing Just it would have been faster had I just used the thing that was given to me right But also after reading the function or all the solutions mine was closest to incomprehensibly complex which I mean is essentially like you ve oversimplified it to the point that it is now complex Ren Estep Like I understand it because I wrote it Right But like then if I handed it off to someone else and was just like peace out bro enjoy that I should not assume that there would be able to understand that there is a lot of nested conditionals going on Milu Franz Yeah same same I only found out there was a helper function after talking to you So I feel the same way Like I wasted some time and I could have made my life easier by taking their helper function But I m a firm believer of they don t repeat yourself that DRY principle So I kind of had a similar experience My solution also resembled the incomprehensibly complex solution they presented which it was Milu Franz It was interesting Like you asked or we asked like how do we feel about this solution I felt like it was a great solution And when they started kind of breaking it apart and it showed me I mean it s like I m rambling a lot but I it was eye opening really because I feel like for a long time I I ve been respecting this Milu Franz Don t repeat yourself Rule a little too hard So it was really nice to kind of like go through why it s not always a good idea to be so strict on not repeating stuff on your code Ren Estep Well to that like later later on in the chapter and reading they talk about not kind of like not jumping so far ahead Right Whereas like I was like well this obviously can be this and just move on Like I went like ten steps ahead not thinking that those steps might not be the best Milu Franz Yeah I agree I think it s also experience like I think the more we have worked or the more we have worked on code Like we know that if we create like a function eventually is going to change in different ways So we tried to abstract as much that we know we can change And I feel like like I like this book like one of the lessons I got from it which I feel like I m answering a future question of this episode but I kind of like the idea of like not going to ahead of yourself and kind of like focusing on solving the current problem Milu Franz That was a good lesson for sure Ren Estep I like that you say you feel like you re answering a future question and then you go you talk about it not not not going ahead of yourself Milu Franz That it s true little meta When the chapter came to the conclusion that the shameless green was the best out of the four solutions what were your initial thoughts and what in the chapter made you go Yeah I can see that Ren Estep Well So one of the great things that I m finding in this book is how well they re putting the concepts of clean code but in like a relatable way Right Ren Estep So first evaluating the solutions by asking domain questions So like putting that into play If per say I would have thought to ask domain questions before heading into building out my solution Ren Estep I probably probably would have come to a different solution Ren Estep So and like in the book they they use those domain questions to kind of evaluate on cost and value which I feel like allows for greater knowledge into your code But then also after reading each solution the book covered different ways to evaluate the code via like different metrics which those were really quite new to me I had never even really heard about those type of metrics when reviewing code So that was that was a neat thing coming in especially with clean code practices Ren Estep The drying out only when you need to And also with the shameless green the the good enough concept is like you know sometimes when like especially if you re like you re in a prototyping phase right And you have an issue and you re in your GitLab board or in your JIRA board and like it s not it s not super well defined but so it leaves wiggle room where you could be like oh I can fit this in here too Ren Estep But then you re like you know you should really just answer or like fix what the simplest problem is In the issue will Milu Franz Leave and stuff out of scope Yeah Yeah I completely agree I think that that that s a very good good point Definitely good thoughts on this chapter Did I cut you off I m sorry I thought they were done Ren Estep No no you re totally cool I was going to ask what did you think Milu Franz So So the first exercise they shared in the chapter that s the one that resembled my solution Right And I think I just said that before I know I m the last answer but I found it very interesting when these chapter analyzes and points out all the reasons why this is not the best solution and how it adds unnecessary complexity to the code Milu Franz And code is always changing so it will take longer for the person that will work on it next to understand it which at cost for your project It just I mean it just it was like a snowball right Like kind of taking it to the extreme going ahead of yourself and trying to not have any duplication in your code somehow Milu Franz Snowballed in like Milu Franz Higher cost of the cost for your project and how others will have to or you will have to really explain your solution to someone else Like how I don t know It just it just felt like a snowball effect on some of the decisions you will take when solving a problem at the beginning So yeah those are my initial thoughts Milu Franz I m not sure if this is a good answer for it I think about it but it s fun Ren Estep No I think it s a good answer Milu Franz So what was the coolest thing you learned from Chapter one Ren Estep OK I mentioned this before but the good enough concept so jumping so far head into abstraction is not always the best solution because you don t know what the future holds But also like for the beginning of the problem the shameless green it s simple that sometimes programmers especially senior programmers will be like that s too simple There s there s got to be a better solution to this Ren Estep But and it gets laughed off But like it did cover the problem and it looked clean It was easy to read So the good enough concept is definitely a one of the coolest things that I learned from this chapter Yeah Milu Franz So much like the coolest things that I learn from this chapter are the coolest thing I think is that everything is a tradeoff I think that s kind of like they hit on this point right at the start And so whenever you re willing to accept increases in the complexity of your code along some dimensions there s always a cost for it and that everything is a balance right or refactoring until you don t have any repetitive code probably links to less code Milu Franz Plus looking code but also not as easy to understand I also really like getting deep into the metrics to evaluate code You mentioned this before but like you said I also I mean I ve heard every source lines of code metric which I know it s not very reliable right Because measuring programmer productivity by counting the lines of code is just not really I don t know it just doesn t make much sense Milu Franz But the other two metrics that they mentioned those were also new to me And I don t know I mean I feel like we should probably try to maybe not every single line of code we write but I feel like this will be a good metric to apply Maybe like every every month or every two months like a specific feature or on a merge request Milu Franz See I don t know just for fun I guess But to see or to measure your code in a way But I think that and I know we haven t really dove deep in what we do what were these metrics and I don t know if you feel like it will be too long to talk a little bit about them Like I know I have like a few or like short explanations of what they are Ren Estep No no go ahead if you want to if you want to explain them I will listen up full ear Milu Franz And so I don t know I mean maybe everybody that is listening if someone is listening maybe they already read the chapters and they already know these But if they re not and they re just getting a little summary I feel like they could get a little bit of good info here So one of them was the psychometric complexity metric which is an algorithm that counts the number of unique executions pass through a body of source code Milu Franz So like it kind of seems like if you have a lot of conditionals it makes it kind of counts all the path that you will take if you know these values X or Y and what would happen And the other one they they mention is the assignments branches and conditions the ABC metric which is another algorithm that counts more than just conditionals it counts variables it counts function calls message sends which that refers to kind of calling a function and also conditionals as the previous one that I mentioned Milu Franz So this one is a little more robust and a little more reliable and I m not exactly sure where we could submit our code to get a result using the ABC metric but I definitely want to look it up I think it will be kind of fun to maybe submit a merge request and see what are the results Ren Estep I think so you use react so in and when you use your testing library it s usually like React test It s based in Jest right And I think some of the metrics actually like for your your testing getting the percentage on testing I think they actually will go through at least the assignment branches and conditions Milu Franz Oh OK makes sense Ren Estep As in as a count for how many per page or document Milu Franz Yeah like I m not sure but that makes sense because I know like I ve been working on testing this past couple of weeks and I know that they can have like react test library or Jest I guess Jest you know when you when you see how much coverage you have it can also point out or it points out the lines of code that you haven t covered yet Milu Franz So it s pretty smart Ren Estep Yeah So moving on from chapter one we have chapter two titled Test Driving Shameless Screen And as you said in the intro this chapter was about test driven development Milu Franz This chapter gave you the chills Yes I think we all know it s a good thing to do but not many people do it Ren Estep Yeah Yes Yeah Milu Franz So let s talk about our initial thoughts on chapter two So chapter two was interesting for me because it goes a step by step on the practice of writing tests before writing code It I thought it was probably the best explanation of the TDD concept I know like I studied it in school and I know I ve read a few chapters about it in the past Milu Franz But I think if someone is going to get someone that has never used test driven development in the past reads this chapter it will get it so quickly I felt like it was it was really good Ren Estep I agree with that wholeheartedly Like it was way easier to understand test driven development after reading this chapter But also like while in my day to day practices my tests may not be written out beforehand I do have I do have a user stories which could easily be translated into tests So like Milu Franz it s it s hard I mean I feel like test human development is something that it s really hard to get used to and I will argue that for frontend development like if you re working with React it just feels like very to me and I could be wrong but it feels like it will be an impossible practice for me when I m writing frontend code Milu Franz Like for the backend it feels like yeah that makes sense because you re you re creating these functions I don t know how to explain it but for the frontend I feel like you re building these UI and it changes a lot Like I I just don t see myself really applying test driven development for react What do you think how do you feel about it Ren Estep Well I I live in the realm of research and development prototyping so like our our concepts for our front end changed drastically from a day to day process usually speaking So like a lot a lot of a lot of my work is just noodling about in code So like the test driven development is a little hard or is a little hard in that realm because like my component might completely change and like Milu Franz We kind of like our waste of time right And you create tests for it and then they will they will even need it the next day Ren Estep I mean it s still good to create tests for them but doing it beforehand and then like having that concept where you can even if you like you know in your test in test driven development it s like if you you then write the code that answers the test right When you then have a change that needs to happen In theory you should be able to inject that into your code without changing the original code Ren Estep Right Ren Estep And then your test doesn t break It still works Ren Estep And in my projects that s not always the case because it s like you ll just take the same component empty it out and then I have a completely different vibe Milu Franz Yeah OK so I think that s the difference Like you said it really well so I m backend I feel like you re testing for functions or functionality right So you re like this is a small function This is what it s returning because you know like it s very like this is what it gets this what returns and it is good no But works for the frontend or at least would react to testing library is more like the user interactions with the browser Milu Franz And I feel like the UI changes a lot even I mean I m not working on prototype work and it still changes a lot So that s I think that s why I find it so difficult to create tests before you end up creating the UI But yes Ren Estep I totally totally get it However it is more understandable now because of the chapter Milu Franz Yeah for sure This was helpful So test driven development works like write test make it work make it better in simplest terms So essentially this chapter illustrates how to incrementally create tests and then use these tests to drive the development of code How do you see yourself incorporating what you learned from this chapter into your daily coding practice Ren Estep So I may have jumped ahead on myself earlier but to reiterate that point in my daily coding practice I noodle around quite a bit playing and prototyping but that doesn t mean that It doesn t mean I couldn t incorporate test driven development I think I would just need to be much more aware of it Milu Franz It will take a little more time to right I mean i feel like for prototyping you guys are going really fast Yeah I do feel like testing at it does add a little bit of time to whatever you re doing Ren Estep Yeah What about you You you have you have left the world of prototyping and are now in production commercial Milu Franz Commercial production Commercial production Yes yes And I am using TDD I m working on the backend for sure Which has been a transition No I mean I feel Like No Yeah it was a change for sure But it has been a good change I do feel like because driven development or testing in general because I wasn t doing much of testing my prototypes either but it just has helped me to get my functions to be more concise kind of like smaller units that are easier to test which is nice Milu Franz I find this concept really hard I well which I just I mentioned this before I do find it hard to apply when you re working on the front end because it changes so much as you re creating your UI Ren Estep So out of curiosity if I interject my question here what did you think that was the biggest concept that you took away from this chapter Milu Franz I think to write tests that confirm what your code does without any knowledge of how your code does it I feel like that was like a good way to put it Because when you re working on tests and you re not as experienced building tests for your code it can The question that I kept asking myself was what am I supposed to test Milu Franz So I feel like these are kind of just testing what your code does if you don t know what it s supposed to do Like if you were like a third party I feel like that s the best way to test it And I really like that lesson from this chapter And also that tests are not the place for abstraction And I ve actually come across these these past weeks where wherever I m testing it s taking all these data in and my brain just kept looking for solutions to like how can I simplify this data I need to form and my tests I started to get really complex just because I didn t want to copy and paste some of the data Right And so I feel like that was a good lesson for sure Ren Estep I think I think that maybe my biggest takeaway is to keep the to keep each test to a singular item of performance Yeah yeah yeah yeah So like just you know like instead because I m golly I know I have tests out there that are like all right I m just going to I m going to I m going to test I m going to get everything done Ren Estep In this one test I m going to make sure this make sure this button opens this and see if this goes there And then click this button to make sure that this interaction happens All in one test And I m like probably not the best idea to keep it that way Milu Franz But also like integration tests Isn t that like Ren Estep Oh yeah yeah that is true Like versus a traditional unit test where you re testing a methodology that is part of like the UI unit tests that kind of get like muddled right Is that Milu Franz Yeah frontend testing is hard Ren Estep You re you re doing like you re doing a little little column A unit test little column B integration because like if you want to test this particular interaction you may still have to go through like button click this button click that Now this is available Now I can test that Ren Estep Yup absolutely I feel like front end testing can get really muddy yeah for sure And I ve been working with integration tests lately and those are quite long but they re only testing one thing though In order to get to that thing Yeah it s a bunch of steps Ren Estep Yeah I feel like it it depends also like upon your your state management almost with the with those type of things because like you could in theory componentize the different blocks and then you only have to test test the one interaction But depending on where your state is managed is whether or not you can actually do that yeah Ren Estep Test driven development Milu Franz I m interested to hear more about test driven development from others experiences honestly I feel like it s I don t know I wonder like I feel like you and I feel very similar about you know like we have had similar experiences working with prototypes So maybe that s why or we have worked together in the past So maybe we have a very similar culture and that s how we feel about it Milu Franz But I am very curious to hear about others and how much testing they have done in the past And if test driven development has been like their way to go instead of getting Ren Estep Right Yeah well I think I think that s it for today s show So our next episode will cover chapters three and four and as a point each episode this season will cover one to two chapters So thanks for listening Also found on Anchor 2022-05-31 18:28:46
海外TECH DEV Community CTO last day: reflections, mistakes, and some learnings https://dev.to/danlebrero/cto-last-day-reflections-mistakes-and-some-learnings-mip CTO last day reflections mistakes and some learningsIn April I left my job at Akvo as CTO after about two years in the position Today six seven eight nine ten months later it seems like about time to stop procrastinating and write something about it LeavingI realised that I needed to leave when Sunday evenings became the worst part of the week when I felt exactly the same as in my old school days anxious and unhappy But it was not only Sunday evenings I have never minded some work problem popping in my head out of working hours I love solving problems but now it will just suck all the joy of whatever I was doing And of course the sleeping troubles that came with all of this True happiness occurs only when you find the problems you enjoy having and enjoy solving Mark Manson The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F ck Root Cause AnalysisNo need to go through the whys to see what the cause was the compounded effect of the company s financial situation the impact of the decisions I was involved with and the feeling of being completely unprepared As an example my translation of the new business strategy stop product development Who I was to push for halting the development of what has been the company s flagship product since its inception twelve years ago Would a more experienced CTO see otherwise Would a more experienced CTO change the business strategy Changed how product development was financed How contracts were negotiated Find external investment And the impact on the development team …This was the last decision that I helped make Mistakes and lessons learnedMandatory “lessons learned section Bye bye coding Complaints are good Clarity is hard work Business first tech second Conflicts avoid being a broken telephone Difficult conversations with data It is always a system problem Self blaming is pointless It is all about teams Don t make changes run experiments Feedback loops are loooong Ring fencing is a necessary evil Lonely I don t dislike people management Bye bye codingAs much as it hurts there will be always something more important than coding Complaints are goodNot all complains and not all the time but some level of complaining means that people trust you enough and that they care enough about the job Complains are an opportunity to either Make an improvement Provide clarity Best outcome is delegating the improvement in the complainer after giving some additional clarity Clarity is hard workNot only communication is messy and you will need to repeat yourself ten times finding the clarity yourself in the first place requires a lot of work Business first tech secondI understood that my main responsibility as CTO was to improve how we delivered software Major mistake I should have dug deeper from the very beginning on how the business works and how software supported and enabled it Conflicts avoid being a broken telephoneFoo complains about Bar because of Buzz You talk with Bar about Buzz but Bar says Quux which you have no clue about So you go back to Foo to clarify Bar s Buzz s Quux and Foo replies Flob What a waste of time energy and a source of confusion The underlying issue is that Foo does not want to have a difficult conversation with Bar which as much I can empathise with it needs to happen So either depending on circumstances Ask Foo to have a difficult conversation with Bar Sit with Foo and Bar to have a difficult conversation Difficult conversations with data Two ingredients that made difficult conversations less difficult to have Following the respectful confrontation script which has a wonderful mix of hard core objective real data and fluffy feelings Internalizing that all problems are system problems It is always a system problemEverybody is doing their best under the current circumstances Gerald M Weinberg Becoming a Technical LeaderWith this in mind it is amazing how much more productive conversations are once you move from blaming people to understanding inspecting and changing the system The steps State that we are trying to understand how the system leads to the outcome Repeat point Agree that the outcome was undesirable Collect the timeline facts about the system behavior to understand the circumstances Agree on what was the desirable outcome Agree on what system change is needed to avoid and promote Note that circumstances can be a lack of knowledge or competency by the person doing the work This is something that can be fixed Change the system and people will follow Self blaming is pointlessI always thought that acknowledging that It is my fault was a brave thing to do but if you really believe that something is your fault then you are ready to believe that others can be at fault Blaming and self blaming are counterproductive It is always a system problem It is all about teamsWhat teams composition responsibilities the internal and external dynamics this is going to be your main leverage point for system change Don t make changes run experimentsChange is scary and comes with a lot of resistance but running an experiment sends a different completely different signal it is a temporal thing aimed to learn Experiments are expected to fail which brings the psychological safety required for honest feedback and increases the willingness to participate Feedback is high quality as it comes from empirical evidence not theoretical this will never work here And the most important reason Change culture by first changing what people do not how people think John Shook How to Change a Culture Lessons from NUMMI Feedback loops are loooongYou will miss those hours test suites Ring fencing is a necessary evilI made several times the mistake of asking people for important but not urgent work and expecting them to find the time for it It rarely worked As much as it pains me the workaround is to explicitly ring fence people s time so that if other conflicting priority arises they can rely on your authority to push back or escalate the conflict to you LonelyI have never talked so much and been in so many meetings but nobody in your company will be in your same position so I actually felt quite lonely at times I ended up reaching out to random CTOs on LinkedIn which was surprisingly useful I don t dislike people management You probably do not care but it was a big surprise for me Even if the days were really really draining I actually enjoyed the time spent with other human resources What is next The experience was like my first beer first blog post or first conference talk Trying once is not enough to make up my mind But before starting a new job the original plan was to take the rest of off get a respite from work and COVID and take care of my family while my wife went through some nasty surgery But life had other plans 2022-05-31 18:26:49
海外TECH DEV Community Why is CSS Hated On? https://dev.to/gabrielpedroza/why-is-css-hated-on-5ce1 Why is CSS Hated On I ve seen a lot of posts about people despising css but I don t truly understand why Is it the lack of foundation Is it the specificity or the abundance of properties If you guys want I can create a multi part series of CSS starting from the absolute basics to the advanced properties of CSS or I can create a huge cheat sheet on it for an easy bookmark Let me know what you think of CSS in the comments and should I create an in depth post or cheat sheet about it 2022-05-31 18:25:23
Apple AppleInsider - Frontpage News Apple should not be injecting ads in its Apple Music playlists https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/05/31/apple-should-not-be-placing-ads-in-its-apple-music-playlists?utm_medium=rss Apple should not be injecting ads in its Apple Music playlistsThere are now advertisements for first party Apple radio shows within the paid Apple Music service ーand there absolutely shouldn t be Apple Music adRetired Apple reporter Jim Dalrymple took to Twitter on Tuesday to voice his frustration with the fact that Apple is playing ads on a playlist despite claiming to be ad free Read more 2022-05-31 18:30:52
Apple AppleInsider - Frontpage News How iOS customization has evolved over time https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/05/31/how-ios-customization-has-evolved-over-time?utm_medium=rss How iOS customization has evolved over timeHere s how iOS user interface customization has evolved over the years before fresh apps and new experiences are rumored to appear for customizers at WWDC Apple customers have had some level of customization of the iPhone since the launch in The changes were limited to wallpapers and fairly minor But it is also the first step to personalizing a device After the first version of iOS the next piece of customization appeared in iOS This update provided multitasking and the ability to sort apps into folders Now people can easily go back to the previous app or sort them into categories Read more 2022-05-31 18:11:22
海外TECH Engadget Investors in gun-detection tech tested at NYC City Hall donated to mayor's PAC https://www.engadget.com/nyc-eric-adams-pac-donations-investor-gun-detection-system-evolv-technologies-185833516.html?src=rss Investors in gun detection tech tested at NYC City Hall donated to mayor x s PACEarlier this year New York City started testing a gun detection system from Evolv Technologies at City Hall and Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx Mayor Eric Adams who has said he came across the system on the internet has been talking up the tech for months as a way to help combat gun violence Now it has emerged that two people who donated million to support Adams mayoral run work at companies with investments in Evolv as the New York Daily News nbsp first reported The CEO of the investment firm Citadel Kenneth Griffin last year donated to Strong Leadership NYC a political action committee PAC that supported Adams Jane Street Financial Services founder Robert Granieri gave according to records As of May th Citadel held shares in Evolv a publicly traded company It holds another for other investors as call options Jane Street held shares as of May th The stock held by all shareholders totals million so both firms own a relatively small chunk of Evolv Mayor is testing out fancy new metal detectors at City Hall He s proposed putting these in the subways pic twitter com PudnUcoHDーClayton Guse ClaytonGuse May A spokesperson for Adams told the Daily News that the mayor didn t recognize the names of Griffin and Granieri and wasn t sure whether he d met with them The spokesperson said that before a pilot of Evolv s system started at Jacobi Medical Center in February the tech was being used at other city hospitals NYC has considered using the AI weapon detection technology in transit systems particularly following a mass shooting on a subway train in Brooklyn last month As Fast Company notes Evolv charges between and per scanner per month for a subscription Installing one at every subway entrance and paying staff to operate them would cost hundreds of millions of dollars per year Given the costs it s unlikely that the scanners would be ubiquitous nbsp The effectiveness of Evolv s system has been brought into question too While the company has not publicly disclosed its false positive rates it has acknowledged the issue in promotional materials nbsp Screenshots in brochures obtained by New York Focus indicated that in one three month stretch the system scanned million people and there were more than alerts The vast majority of those were for harmless objects like umbrellas strollers eyeglass cases and laptops In that scenario only percent of the alerts were for actual weapons and just percent were for non law enforcement guns However Evolv has claimed that the data in the screenshots is quot fictitious quot and is “from a demonstration account A report by surveillance tech trade publication IPVM earlier this year noted that Evolv s full body scanners were misidentifying other objects as potential weapons such as Chromebooks IPVM director of operations Donald Maye told the Daily News that Evolv s system has a false alert rate of between five and ten percent at settings such as sports stadiums which lines up with data shown in the disputed screenshot Maye suggested that the false positive rate would actually be higher at subway system scanners and lead to quot secondary screenings quot with cops searching commuters Engadget has contacted Evolv for comment 2022-05-31 18:58:33
ニュース BBC News - Home Partygate: Explain why fine did not breach ministerial code, Boris Johnson told https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61653755?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA rules 2022-05-31 18:40:01
ニュース BBC News - Home Paris official apologises over Champions League stadium chaos https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61653829?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA fraud 2022-05-31 18:24:46
ニュース BBC News - Home Bradford wins UK City of Culture 2025 bid https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-61648977?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA wrexham 2022-05-31 18:46:46
ニュース BBC News - Home First flight taking Channel migrants to Rwanda set for 14 June https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61653063?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA formal 2022-05-31 18:01:30
ニュース BBC News - Home Hungary-England 'behind closed doors' - with 30,000 fans https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61653086?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA Hungary England x behind closed doors x with fansEngland will face Hungary in Budapest on Saturday with at least fans in attendance even though the fixture is being played behind closed doors 2022-05-31 18:27:51
ビジネス ダイヤモンド・オンライン - 新着記事 中国経済減速、統計の信ぴょう性試す - WSJ PickUp https://diamond.jp/articles/-/304055 wsjpickup 2022-06-01 03:55:00
ビジネス ダイヤモンド・オンライン - 新着記事 日本住宅公団初代総裁・加納久朗が主張した勤労者の生活向上と住宅政策 - The Legend Interview不朽 https://diamond.jp/articles/-/304002 日本住宅公団初代総裁・加納久朗が主張した勤労者の生活向上と住宅政策TheLegendInterview不朽加納久朗年月日年月日は、東京帝国大学を卒業後、横浜正金銀行後の東京銀行で現三菱UFJ銀行に入行し、国際金融畑で活躍した人物。 2022-06-01 03:50:00
ビジネス ダイヤモンド・オンライン - 新着記事 【京都】JA赤字危険度ランキング2022、5農協中3農協が赤字に - 全国510農協 JA赤字危険度ランキング https://diamond.jp/articles/-/303539 単位農協 2022-06-01 03:45:00
ビジネス ダイヤモンド・オンライン - 新着記事 高めの米アパレルブランド好調なわけ - WSJ PickUp https://diamond.jp/articles/-/304056 wsjpickup 2022-06-01 03:40:00
ビジネス ダイヤモンド・オンライン - 新着記事 IT人材、巨大企業に一段と集中か 安定志向で - WSJ PickUp https://diamond.jp/articles/-/304057 wsjpickupit 2022-06-01 03:35:00
ビジネス ダイヤモンド・オンライン - 新着記事 アキレス腱断裂時の治療法、「手術vs装具固定」どちらがいい? - カラダご医見番 https://diamond.jp/articles/-/303805 見番 2022-06-01 03:30:00
ビジネス ダイヤモンド・オンライン - 新着記事 「東京都市大学付属」の東大合格者数が2ケタになった理由 - 中学受験のキーパーソン https://diamond.jp/articles/-/303950 中学受験 2022-06-01 03:25:00
ビジネス ダイヤモンド・オンライン - 新着記事 副資材の段ボールを活用し“主役”となる自社商品を生み出す - しんきん経営情報-ウチのイチ押し! https://diamond.jp/articles/-/303485 副資材の段ボールを活用し“主役となる自社商品を生み出すしんきん経営情報ウチのイチ押し主役ではないが、実は主役を支え、引き立てる上で欠かせない名脇役ともいうべきか。 2022-06-01 03:20:00
ビジネス ダイヤモンド・オンライン - 新着記事 信用金庫とのコラボで日本初のカフェをオープン。地域のために生きていく - しんきん経営情報-トップインタビュー https://diamond.jp/articles/-/303483 信用金庫 2022-06-01 03:15:00
ビジネス ダイヤモンド・オンライン - 新着記事 西側の対ロ包囲網にヒビ、ウクライナ支援どこまで? - WSJ発 https://diamond.jp/articles/-/304105 西側 2022-06-01 03:13:00
ビジネス ダイヤモンド・オンライン - 新着記事 組織の意思決定に「真善美」の3ステップが効く理由 - 強い組織ほど正解を捨てる https://diamond.jp/articles/-/303734 意思決定 2022-06-01 03:10:00
GCP Cloud Blog Introducing granular instance sizing for Cloud Spanner, now run production workloads for as low as $40/month https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/databases/use-spanner-at-low-cost-with-granular-instance-sizing/ Introducing granular instance sizing for Cloud Spanner now run production workloads for as low as monthCloud Spanner is a relational database service that offers industry leading availability and near unlimited scale to handle even the most demanding of workloads For these reasons customers in various industries trust Spanner for their workloads with significant throughput requirements We have heard from our customers that they would like to standardize on Spanner for all their workloads big and small as they value the manageability  scale insurance and consistent performance that Spanner offers Therefore last year we launched granular instance sizing in preview so that you can run your workloads on Spanner starting at approximately month Today we are excited to announce the general availability of granular instance sizing With granular instance sizing at a much lower cost you can still get all of the Spanner benefits like transparent replication across zones and regions high availability resilience to different types of failures and the ability to scale up and down as needed without any downtime And with Committed Use Discounts  the entry price for production workload further reduces to less than month as you receive a discount for a year commitment  How granular instances workWith granular instance sizing we are introducing a new unit for provisioning resources in Spanner “Processing Units PUs in addition to “Nodes One Spanner node is equal to PUs so you can start with a PUs instance and provision in batches of PUs and get a proportional amount of compute and storage resources All Spanner instances including the instances with less than PUs or node have the same availability SLA of for regional instances and for multi regional instances You can use this feature to cost effectively run workloads of all sizes on Spanner and scale seamlessly as needed  With granular instance sizing you get proportional resources for proportional price for example a PUs Spanner instance can support a maximum of databases with up to GB of data storage The limit for number of databases per Spanner instance scales proportionally with the provisioned compute capacity in the instance to a maximum of databases per instance Additionally a Spanner instance can store unlimited data as long as sufficient compute capacity is provisioned in the instance as there is a limit of TB of data per PUs node You can easily use granular instance sizing by selecting the instance configuration Processing Units PUs as the unit of compute capacity and then providing their quantity The summary on the right side of the console page displays the per hour compute cost based on the number of Processing Units it also lists the maximum storage which is available for the instance Making Spanner more accessible for every developer and workload Our mission is to democratize access to Spanner so that developers can easily get started with a familiar interface and low entry cost and seamlessly scale their workloads without downtime   In addition to reducing the cost of entry for production workloads with granular instance sizing we also recently introduced Committed Use Discounts CUDs for you With CUDs you make hourly spend based usage commitments for a year or longer for Spanner compute capacity and get discounted prices for it Spend based commitment offers maximum flexibility as the discount is automatically applied on compute capacity of instances in any instance configuration regional or multi regional across projects You can reduce your costs by purchasing either a one year CUD that provides a discount or a three year CUD that provides a discount So if a three year committed use discount of is applied to a PUs regional Spanner instance for example in us central your monthly bill will be less than month  We also announced the preview of the PostgreSQL interface for Spanner at Google Cloud Next With this capability you can build transformative applications with Spanner while using the familiar PostgreSQL dialect You can leverage the core subset of capabilities that PostgreSQL offers with the scale consistency and high availability of Spanner We will soon be announcing the General Availability of the PostgreSQL interface of Spanner  With granular instance sizing CUDs and PostgreSQL interface for Spanner our goal is to address the popular demand from developers to make the best in class experience on Spanner more accessible and cost effective For example a two person game development startup developed their first game on a PUs Spanner instance that they plan to launch soon This gaming startup aspires their gaming title to have the same success as PokemonGo also built on Spanner and when it does they won t have to worry about re architecting their database because Spanner offers them seamless scaling to support their millions of users Learn moreWe invite you to build your applications on Spanner and scale as your business grows  To get started with Spanner create an instanceor try it out with a Spanner QwiklabRelated ArticleEliminate hotspots in Cloud BigtableLearn how hotspots can impact the performance of your Cloud Bigtable database Debugging hot tablets can reduce P latencies and increas Read Article 2022-05-31 19:00:00

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

投稿時間:2021-06-17 05:05:34 RSSフィード2021-06-17 05:00 分まとめ(1274件)

投稿時間:2021-06-20 02:06:12 RSSフィード2021-06-20 02:00 分まとめ(3871件)

投稿時間:2020-12-01 09:41:49 RSSフィード2020-12-01 09:00 分まとめ(69件)